Friday, October 21, 2005

Today I Feel Lucky

Amidst these hurricanes that keep coming and going, destroying lives and cities in this amazing country, I feel lucky I live inland! Wilma and Stan and their many friends have recently been creating havock along the coasts, and I havent contributed a centavo to any charity for the cause. Instead, I have been pondering on the nature of time once again. I am lucky to be here, to be alive and well, and yet I find myself missing home, missing the college, missing my friends and everything I dont have here with me. So many times I have decided to live in this moment, enjoying it and exhausting it until the next moment is available. I can never manage to keep to this decision.

Recently, I have been exploring the city, going shopping for hair pins in fancy malls, drinking cappuchinos in restaurants, sleeping and eating a lot, and dreaming about being a university student. I have spent far too much money on things like yoghurt, juice and coffee, and gained weight. When everything in my life changes (like what has happened recently) I resort to eating chocolate and donuts. From this day onwards I have decided to resort to meditation and courage instead (=started a diet).

Of course I have been working as well, too much, I would say. At the moment I am pretty much tired with noise and attention-seeking pre-pubescent boys. Alejandro is coming to Puebla this weekend to waste his first pay check on taking me out to eat in veggie restaurants, and ths I will have a few days off and a friend to spend those days with! What could be better!

Puebla is amazingly beautiful, full of culture and beatiful people.(hehe, I recommend that single European girls seeking men who can dance and smell good to come here right away!) So far I havent been lucky with establishing contacts with people who smell good and are of my age: I have to admit I have made no effort what-so-ever - I spend all my time working! What else? I am happy, happier every day in my own simple room with a bed and my mess, with my daily bread and loud children who harrass me sexually. I am still on the way to discovering what life is all about, marvelled by the passing of time, feeling lucky to have 10 pesos to use the internet. Take care all of you, I retire now, Tiina

2 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

Hola!!!
tintintintintin the finn!!!!
i still haven't sent you an email... well, nor have you for that matter, but i am sorry... i think in all the posts i publish on your blog i will be apologizing... ;)
So yound boys sexually harassing you huh;)? yey... well you have a big fan club then..
btw, is your hair short still?
i am ok, studying, feeling depressed, the usual. I eat shitloads of chocolate here too, but it's not like eating them with you... next time i stuff a chocolate bar into my mouth, i will be thinking of you:)
love you,
kate

3:27 PM  
Blogger derniko said...

Tiina :D !
So good to hear from you! Not so good what you're telling about those stupid small boys though...
But on to happier subjects, I'm glad to hear you're doing well and that you're safe, though :) . Shopping hairpins in a fancy mall? That sounds something I might do (but the nearest mall is quite a bit away from here anyways). Instead I end up shopping old Take That CDs in charity shops. Be glad you're away from that temptation ;) .
I miss you, but your lively "noooo" has an even more lively presence on my phone, of course ;) . Especially for waking me up in the mornings :D .
Post a picture of you if you have one :D . Then we can see how that hair is doing ;) ...
Love,
Niko

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home