Monday, November 14, 2005

2 Months Crisis



I have been here a bit over two months. I find myself thinking:
What are my needs here?

Are the kids´ needs more important than my needs?

How much does the organisation need me? How much do the children need my presence? If they don´t need me much, is it a problem that then the experience is more important for me than them?

What else could i do do to take full advantage of my stay in Mexico? Would finding another organisation to work with be advantageous? Would travelling be better than working?

Should I stop drinking coke and producing garbage in order to show my respect for the local community?

How far can I go in adapting to the ways of the society, especially if the ways are harmful for themselves?

Is feeling useless as a volunteer at times acceptable? (came to the conclusion: YES)

Why is it so hard sometimes to use my imagination to improve my life?

This week´s slogan is:
The only frontiers and limits in my world are set up by myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

hi, love
you can't change the world, but so long as you think that even for a minute you've made those children happier, then it's worth it...
are you alive down there?
miss you...
kate

5:26 PM  
Blogger K. said...

2 weeks later :
I need you so badly right now. Freaking out with studying, have a huge chem exam, don't know shit... gosh, i hate school... do you have any chocolate for me too ...
love, kate
p.s.:write!!! please!!!!

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home