Monday, January 30, 2006

One More Apple In the Basket

I packed my backpack, said bye and closed the door of 438 Guadalupe Victoria behind me for the last time. It was easier than I had thought. Feeling tired and happy at the same time I took a microbus to the bus station.

Now I am in Mexico City. Went to bed at five in the morning after more than 24 hours of mingling with UWC applicants and Mexican ex-students and thereafter taking decisions on who is eliminated and who can continue in the application process. I enjoyed it all, but at 3 am I could not care less who is eliminated and who not. Our discussion was an experiment on what sleep deprivation turns intelligent, young people into madly laughing, conflictive, mindless adolescents, who cannot take the simplest decision. Unforgettable moments of madness!

Tomorrow I will be in the beautiful City of Oaxaca buying handycrafts and chocolate. Two days after that, on the beaches of Oaxaca, sleeping in a hammock, listening to the waves of the Pacific ocean. Life is like a wave with highs and lows.

Keeping in touch, Tiina

3 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

bitch
i tried to call you but i missed you by 10 min!
Kate, sad, but having Val to console her now

5:35 PM  
Blogger Zhenia said...

good job Tiina:)
sounds like you are enjoying your life far from home... and you are now responsible for selecting right ppl to UWC! exsiting ;)
enjoying reading your blog.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Bike Drool said...

Hello. Nice blog. I invite you to look at mine:

www.bikedrool.blogspot.com

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home